AMLOPIN. 10 mg. 30 tablets
• high blood pressure
• chest pain due to narrowing of the coronary arteries of the heart muscle (angina) or the rarest form of chest pain caused by spasm of the coronary arteries of the heart muscle .
AMLOPIN. 10 mg. 30 tablets
AMLOPIN WHAT IS AND WHAT IT IS USED FOR ?
Amlopin belongs to a group of medicines called calcium channel blockers .
Amlopin administered for the treatment of:
• high blood pressure
• chest pain due to narrowing of the coronary arteries of the heart muscle ( angina) or the rarest form of chest pain caused by spasm of the coronary arteries of the heart muscle ( vasospastic angina )
If you suffer from high blood pressure , acting through Amlopin
relaxation of the blood vessels as a result of which the blood flow more easily through them.
If you suffer from angina pectoris, Amlopin works by improving blood flow to the heart muscle , which receives more oxygen and as a result prevent chest pain . Amlopin not provide immediate relief of chest pain in angina pectoris .
2 . BEFORE YOU TAKE AMLOPIN
Do not take Amlopin
• if you are allergic to amlodipine or similar calcium channel blockers ( also called dihydropyridine derivatives) or any of the other ingredients ( for a full list of excipients, see section 6)
• If you have very low blood pressure
• if you suffer from insufficient blood supply to your tissues with symptoms such as low blood pressure , weakened pulse, heart rate increased (shock , including cardiogenic shock) . Cardiogenic shock is shock caused by serious heart problems.
• if you have heart failure after a heart attack within the last four weeks
• if you suffer from a narrowing of the aorta (aortic stenosis)
• if you have heart-related chest pain at rest or with minimal effort ( unstable angina) .
Take special care with Amlopin
Tell your doctor before starting treatment :
• if you have heart failure
• If you have reduced liver function
• If you have reduced kidney function .
Children and adolescents ( under 18 years)
Amlopin should not be used in children because of lack of experience.
Taking other medicines
Some medicines (including medicines obtained without a prescription , herbal or natural products ) can interact with Amlopin . This means that the effect of each drug can be altered .
Therefore, it is important to tell your doctor if you are taking any of these medicines:
• Drugs that can lower blood pressure , for example . beta- blockers, ACE inhibitors, alpha 1 blockers, and diuretics. Amlopin may enhance the blood pressure lowering effect of these drugs.
• Diltiazem (heart medicine) may increase the effects of Amlopin .
• Ketoconazole and itraconazole ( anti- gybichkovi drugs ) may enhance the effect of Amlopin .
• HIV protease inhibitors ( anti-viral drugs for the treatment of infection with the AIDS virus , eg . Ritonavir) may enhance the effect of Amlopin ®.
• clarithromycin, erythromycin and telithromycin (antibiotics) may enhance the effect of Amlopin .
• Nefazodone (a medicine used to treat depression ) may increase the effects of Amlopin .
• Rifampicin and rifabutin (antibiotics) may reduce the effect of Amlopin .
• St. John's wort (a herbal medicine used to treat depression) may reduce the effect of Amlopin .
• Dexamethasone ( cortisone ) may decrease the effect of Amlopin .
• phenobarbital, phenytoin and carbamazepine (medicines for epilepsy ) may reduce the effect of Amlopin .
• Nevirapine ( antiviral drug) may decrease the effect of Amlopin ®.
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
Taking Amlopin with food and drink
Amlopin must be taken with a glass of liquid (e.g. water glass ), with or without food. Concomitant intake of grapefruit or grapefruit juice did not influence the effect of amlodipine.
Pregnancy and lactation
If you are pregnant or if you become pregnant during treatment , do not take Ampopin , unless specifically prescribed by your doctor.
There are insufficient data to assess the risk to the baby amlodipine in
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before taking any
Driving and using machines
Be careful when driving or operating machinery when taking this medicine. Amlopin may not directly affect your ability to drive or operate machinery. Some patients, however , experience side effects such as dizziness or drowsiness associated with a decrease in blood pressure (see section 4 of this leaflet ) . Such side effects are more likely to occur at the beginning of treatment or after Amlopin2 increasing dose. If you experience these side effects , you should refrain from driving and other activities requiring alertness .
H. HOW TO TAKE AMLOPIN ?
Always take Amlopin exactly as your doctor tells you . If you are not sure, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
The usual starting dose is 5 mg once daily. If necessary , your doctor may increase the dose to 10 mg
Children and adolescents (under 18 years) Amlopin ® should not be used in children and adolescents.
Elderly No specific dose in the elderly ; It is, however , closely with increasing dose.
If you have kidney problems normal recommended dose. Amlopin can not be removed from the blood by dialysis ( artificial kidney ) . Amlopin should be used with caution in patients on dialysis.
If you have liver problems dose required for patients with liver problems has not been determined . If you have liver problems Amlopin ® should be administered with caution (see also section " Take special care with Amlopin " ) .
How to take your medicine ?
Swallow the tablets with a glass of water. You can take it with or without food.
If you take more dose Amlopin
If you or someone else may have taken too much Amlopin , contact your doctor , emergency room or poison center immediately . Person to whom this applies must be placed in a supine position with your hands and feet ( on several pillows, for example). Symptoms of overdose may include: severe dizziness and / or vertigo, breathing problems, frequent urination.
If you forget to take Amlopin
If you forget to take a tablet , you can still take it within 12 hours after the usual time that you take . If it's been more than 12 hours after the time of _ intake, skip the missed dose and take the next tablet at the usual time . Never take a double dose Amlopin to make up the missed dose.
If you stop taking Amlopin
Your doctor has told you how long you should take Amlopin * . If you suddenly stop treatment your symptoms may recur . Do not stop treatment earlier than recommended without discussing it with your doctor.
Amlopin generally used for long-term treatment .
If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
4 . POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Like all medicines, Amlopin can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them .
If any of the side effects gets serious , or you notice other effects not listed in this leaflet , please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
During treatment with Amlopin the following adverse reactions :
Blood and Lymphatic ( Blood and lymphatic system )
- A reduced number of white blood cells , which can cause an unexplained fever , sore throat , and flu-like symptoms ( leucopenia)
- Reduced number of platelets in the blood, which can cause easy bruising or bleeding from the nose (thrombocytopenia)
Hormones ( endocrine system)
Uncommon: breast enlargement in men
Very rare: increase the level of blood sugar
Uncommon: sleep disturbances , irritability , depression
Rare: confusion, mood changes, including anxiety
Nervous System Disorders
Common: headache ( especially at the beginning of treatment) , somnolence, dizziness , weakness
Uncommon: malaise, dry mouth, uncontrolled trembling ( tremor) , feeling the prick of needles (paraesthesia), increased sweating Rare: changes in taste Very rare: pain or numbness in the hands and feet ( peripheral neuropathy)
Uncommon: vision problems
Ear and labyrinth
Uncommon: ringing or buzzing in the ears ( tinnitus)
Heart ( heart disease)
Common: rapid or irregular heartbeat ( palpitations)
Uncommon: seizures , increased heart rate (tachycardia) , chest pain, early treatment may deteriorate angina in isolated cases have occurred following side effects , but the relationship to treatment with Amlopin not sure : heart attack (myocardial infarction) , irregular heartbeat and chest pain ( angina pectoris )
Uncommon: low blood pressure , inflammation of the blood vessels
Lungs, Breathing and chest (respiratory , thoracic and mediastinal disorders)
Uncommon: difficulty breathing , inflammation of the nasal mucosa ( rhinitis) , Very rare : cough
Common: nausea, digestive problems , stomach pain
Uncommon : vomiting, diarrhea , constipation , swelling of the gums ( gingival hyperplasia) Very rare: inflammation of the lining of the stomach ( gastritis ), inflammation of the pancreas ( pancreatitis)
Liver and bile ( hepatobiliary disorders)
Rare: elevation of certain liver enzymes; yellowing of the skin or eyes , this could be the result of dysfunction of the liver or hepatic inflammation
Skin ( Skin and subcutaneous tissue)
Very common: swollen ankles
Common: flushing and feeling of warmth ( especially at the beginning of treatment)
Uncommon: pinprick sensation and tingling of the skin ( exanthema ) , pruritus, rash nettle , hair loss, change in skin color , purpura
Very rare : allergic reaction with swelling of the face or extremities, swelling of the lips or tongue , swelling of the mucous membranes of the mouth and throat , leading to shortness of breath and difficulty swallowing - ( angioedema) - If this occurs immediately contact emergency room or doctor.
In isolated cases occurred allergic skin rash with irregular red spots caused by drugs ( erythema multiforme exudativum ) or severe allergic reactions with blistering of the skin and mucous membranes ( Collagenist - liativen dermatitis
Muscles and bones ( Musculo -skeletal )
Uncommon: muscle cramps , back pain , pain in muscles and joints
Kidney ( Renal and urinary )
Uncommon: increased need to urinate ( high frequency)
Genitals and breasts ( Reproductive system and breast )
Uncommon: increase or decrease in body weight.
5 . HOW TO STORE AMLOPIN
Keep out of reach of children. Amlopin not use after the expiry date stated on the pack . The expiry date refers to the last
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required . These measures will help to protect the environment.
6 ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
What does Amlopin ?
Amlopin 5 mg tablets
• The active ingredient is amlodipine. Each tablet contains 5 mg of amlodipine (in the form of amlodipine besylate).
• The other ingredients are microcrystalline cellulose , calcium hidrogenfrsfat anhydrous , sodium starch glycolate (type A ) and magnesium stearate.
Amlopin 10 mg tablets
• The active ingredient is amlodipine. Each tablet contains 10 mg of amlodipine (in the form of amlodipine besylate).
• The other ingredients are microcrystalline cellulose , calcium hydrogen phosphate anhydrous , sodium starch glycolate (type A ) and magnesium stearate.
Amlopin6 looks like and contents of pack
" Amlopin 5 mg tablets White or almost white , oblong tablet with bevelled edges , scored on one side and marked with " 5 "on the other side.
The score line is only to facilitate breaking of the tablet for easy swallowing and not to separate the same two equal doses. The separation of the tablet, one side should be taken immediately after the other.
. Amlopin 10 mg tablets White or almost white , oblong tablet with bevelled edges , scored on one side and marked " 10 ° on the other side .
The tablet can be divided into two equal halves.
Your tablets are available in :
• Packaging perforated unit dose blisters 10 , 14, 20, 28 , 30, 50 , 60, 1 00, 1 20 and tablets 50 x 1 tablet
• Plastic bottles of 20 , 30, 50 , 60,
Not all pack sizes may be marketed.