AKTOVEGIN ointment 5% 20g
AKTOVEGIN ointment 5% 20g
WHAT AKTOVEGIN 5% OINTMENT IS AND WHAT IT IS USED FOR ?
Aktovegin purified proteins of calf blood extract . It improves the use of oxygen and promotes the uptake of nutrients from the cell. Thus, the process with high energy requirements , such as wound healing, accelerating.
Aktovegin 5% ointment is used for:
- Treatment of wounds and inflammations of the skin and mucous membranes such as sunburn minor skin wounds / lesions (eg cuts ) , abrasions , burns ;
- Support tissue repair after burns and scalds ;
- Varicose ulcers and other sores with contaminated surfaces;
- Mainly in secreting ulcers ;
- Prevention and treatment of ulcers in bedsores ( decubitus ulcers) ;
- For prevention and treatment of radiation effects on the skin and mucous membranes.
2 . BEFORE YOU USE AKTOVEGIN 5% MAZ
Do not use Aktovegin 5% ointment :
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to hemoderivat deproteinized calf blood or any of the other ingredients of Aktovegin 5% ointment , in particular methyl 4-hydroxybenzoate ( E218 ) , propyl 4-hydroxybenzoate ( E216 ) and cetyl alcohol.
Take special care with Aktovegin 5% ointment :
- If , when you are taking or using similar Aktovegin 5% ointment medicines you have been prone to allergic reactions or have ever had an allergic response .
Taking other medicines
There are currently no known interactions , but tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
Pregnancy and lactation
Please tell your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to become pregnant . There is limited experience of the use of Aktovegin 5% ointment in pregnant and breastfeeding women . Although there are currently no reported adverse effects to the infant / child , your doctor will prescribe Aktovegin 5% ointment only if the benefit to you outweighs possible risks for the development of your child.
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before taking any medicine . Driving and using machines
Aktovegin 5% ointment does not affect ability to drive or operate machinery. Aktovegin not recommended for use in children due to lack of efficacy .
3 . HOW TO USE AKTOVEGIN 5% MAZ ?
Always take Aktovegin 5% ointment exactly as your doctor tells you . If you are not sure, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Method of administration
Ulcers : After removal of the compress with 20% Aktovegin gel followed by treatment with a 5% cream Aktovegin to give granulations are applied with a thin layer compresses Aktovegin 5% ointment to the wound closure .
For the prevention of ulcers in bedsores Aktovegin 5% ointment was rubbed into the skin parts in risk areas .
For the prevention of radiation effects Aktovegin 5% ointment should be applied thinly after radiotherapy radiation in space.
Duration of use
The doctor should be informed immediately if there is no apparent trend towards recovery at day 5 or signs of inflammation are present , ie yellowish crust covering the wound , or reddening of the edges of the wound accompanied by pain or itching.
If you use more than the amount of 5% ointment Aktovegin
Tell your doctor or pharmacist immediately . If possible , take your medicine and this leaflet with you .
If you forget to apply Aktovegin 5% ointment
Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed dose Aktovegin 5% ointment. Continue treatment as described in this leaflet, the next use.
If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
4 . POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Like all medicines, Aktovegin 5% ointment can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them .
If you notice any of these side effects, stop using the medicine and call your doctor immediately :
• severe allergic reaction, such as drug fever , and shock symptoms ( in less than 1 in 1000 patients treated)
• Allergic reactions: skin rash , redness, itching or rashes after rubbing nettle and urticaria ( in less than 1 in 1000 patients treated)
If any of the side effects gets serious, or you notice other effects not listed in this leaflet , please tell your doctor or pharmacist
5 . HOW TO STORE AKTOVEGIN 5% MAZ ?
Keep out of reach of children.
Do not use Aktovegin 5% ointment after the expiry date stated on the carton and tube. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
Do not store above 25 ° C.
Shelf life after opening the tube : 6 months.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required . These measures will help to protect the environment.
6 . FURTHER INFORMATION
What does Aktovegin 5% ointment ?
The active substance is hemoderivat deproteinized calf blood . 1 g of ointment contains 2 mg hemoderivat deproteinized calf blood ( dry mass ) .
Other ingredients are:
Methyl 4 - hydroxybenzoate ( E218 ) , propyl 4- hydroxybenzoate ( E216 ) , wax ( white , soft ) , cetyl alcohol , cholesterol, and purified water.
Looks like Aktovegin 5% ointment and contents of the pack ?
Homogeneous white ointment.
Aktovegin 5% ointment comes in a pack with Aluminum tube containing 20 g of ointment.